Toggle menu

Report a vehicle accident

Pen and paper

A damaged licensed vehicle must be reported within 72 hours of the accident if the damage effects either the safety, performance and appearance or the comfort or convenience of persons carried.

How to report a vehicle accident

To report a vehicle accident please complete the hackney carriage and private hire vehicle accident report form (PDF) [172KB] and post or deliver to the Town Hall, Lancaster Road, Preston, PR1 2RL. You can also email a copy to   

What if my damaged vehicle is temporarily or permanently out of use?

If your licensed vehicle is involved in an accident that prevents it being used, either temporarily or permanently and you are intending to licence a new hackney carriage or private hire vehicle, please complete the new vehicle licence application form.

Apply for, or renew, a taxi vehicle licence

You must ensure you surrender the licence that was involved in the accident to prevent it being used.    

Surrender your vehicle licence

Map address for Preston Town Hall

Preston City Council, Town Hall, Lancaster Road, Preston, PR1 2RL.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email