What evidence do I need to provide?
We need certain information and evidence from you to process your claim as quickly as possible.
When making a claim remember
- Always provide evidence of your income and capital and any other relevant information
- Always complete and send in your form as soon as possible
- Always provide any evidence asked from you as soon as possible
When making a new claim you will need to provide identiﬁcation for yourself and proof of your National Insurance Number.
Acceptable forms of proof of National Insurance Number
- P45 or P60
- Wage slip
- Tax letter
- DWP notiﬁcation letter
- RD3 National Insurance card
Acceptable forms of identiﬁcation
- Current valid passport
- National Identity card issued by a European Economic Area member state
- Full Driving Licence
- UK Residence permit
- Marriage certiﬁcate
- Paid utility bill
- Birth certiﬁcate
- Beneﬁt award letter from DWP
- Letter from solicitor, social worker, probation ofﬁcer, doctor
Types of income proof we need
We need to see a notification letter for your current award if you receive Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance (income based) or Pension Credits.
Proof of earnings
- For each job - 5 weekly, 3 fortnightly or 2 monthly consecutive wage slips. If you do not have these ask us for an 'employers certiﬁcate'. This must include a company stamp
- If you are self-employed - your last proﬁt and loss accounts covering a 12 month period. If you do not have these ask for a self-employed form from us
Proof of other income
State beneﬁts and pension
- Department for Works and Pension notiﬁcation letter for the current award
- Bank statement showing the payments going in
- Pay Slips
- Letter from your former employer
- Tax Credits - HMRC notiﬁcation letter - all pages
- Maintenance - Letter from Child Support Agency or a letter from payer
- Other income - Letter showing the amount and frequency
- Student grant / loan - Current grant / loan award letter including a full breakdown of the type of grant
- Child care payments - Receipts showing the amount of payments made, frequency of the payments and the childminder's OFSTED registration number
- Proof of capital - Up to date bank statements covering the last 2 months.
- Share certiﬁcates
- National savings certiﬁcates
- Premium bonds
- Documentary evidence of any other type of capital
- Second properties - Evidence of the current valuation and the amount of the outstanding mortgage
- Evidence of the amount of any rental income received
How to send your documents
You can upload any information direct to us by using our E-Claim upload form or you can e-mail your documents to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upload your documents using the E-Claim upload form