Toggle menu

Temporary payment disruption

Due to a global framework problem impacting payments, we are unable to accept payments at this time.

Moving into a Nursing or Care Home

Medical cross in supportive hands

If someone living in your property moves into a care home, a nursing home or hospital, and without them there is only one adult living in your home, you can apply for a 25% discount on your Council Tax.

Empty property

If a property is left empty because the person who used to live there has gone into a nursing home, a care home or into hospital, you can apply for a Council Tax exemptions (which means you don't have to pay Council Tax for the property).

How do I apply for Council Tax discount

To apply please complete the following form:

Moving into a nursing or care home discount form

Alternatively, download and complete the Moving into a Nursing or Care Home discount form (PDF) [110KB] .

To apply for an exception, please visit the Council Tax exemptions

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email