Let's stay connected
Preston City Council is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy when you interact with us and use our services. You can be confident that we are serious about any concerns surrounding the security and safeguarding of your personal information.
Our privacy notice explains how we gather, use, and share your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This includes individual departments and services.
What is GDPR?
GDPR stands for the new EU General Data Protection Regulations which comes into force on Friday 25 May 2018.
The new Regulations will replace the current Data Protection Act (1998).
The Council would like to send you exciting news about what's on, new developments, improvements, changes and consultation opportunities to help shape our services.
You will no longer receive this information unless you opt-in again.
How do I sign up or opt-in to receiving Council news
To receive any e-newsletters, updates or alerts from us, you will need to:
Request Prestonian e-newsletter and email updates
Your consent and rights
To comply with the requirements of GDPR we must seek your permission to hold your personal data or rely upon a lawful basis for processing your personal information.
The GDPR creates new rights for individuals and strengthens existing rights currently in force under the Data Protection Act. These are:-
- the right to be informed i.e. the information which needs to be supplied to you at the point of collecting your data.
- the right to obtain access to the personal data held
- the right to have personal data rectified if it is found to be inaccurate or incomplete
- the right to be forgotten i.e. requesting that all data relating to yourself is deleted
- the right to ask for a restriction in respect of the processing of personal data i.e. where you contest the accuracy of the data held and processing is restricted until the accuracy is rectified.
- the right to object to certain types of data processing and to direct marketing