Pay Sundry Debt
There are a number of reasons why you may receive a Sundry Debt such as:
- A chargeable council service
- To recover money/benefits you were not entitled to, or as the result of a legislative requirement or contractual agreement
- Sundry Debts must be paid immediately and will usually clearly show on the invoice
How to make a payment
The information below explains the different methods of paying a Sundry Debt invoice:
To pay in one full payment quickly, securely and easily see our online payments section.
Direct Debit allows you to pay in either one full payment or make the payment over a period of monthly instalments on the 1st or 15th of the month. The period of payment is usually a maximum of one year (to be agreed in advance with us).
How to set up a Direct Debit
To set up a Direct Debit please complete the following form and post it to the address below:
Preston City Council
Alternatively, print, sign and scan it, then send it back to us at email@example.com
Please note: If you would like to pay by instalments, before completing the form you must discuss the payment options available with our Sundry Debtors team on 01772 906203.
What happens next?
The first payment of the agreed amount and frequency will be made within 20 days of submitting your form.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit we will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request us to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by us or your Bank or Building Society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when we ask you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your Bank or Building Society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Other ways to pay
For alternative methods of payment please see the reverse of your invoice.