Parks and COVID-19
Following Government advice to help reduce the spread of coronavirus the use of parks is restricted.
Walking of dogs is permitted but they must be kept under close control at all times.
All parks remain open, however please ensure you keep at least 2 metres away from other users.
Re-opening of park facilities
We have now reopened all outdoor sports facilities in accordance with Government guidance including:
- BMX track
- Skate parks
- Outdoor gyms
- Multi use games areas.
- Playing pitches
Guidance when using playgrounds
You must follow the government guidelines below for the safety of yourself and others when using our playgrounds:
- Do not enter or use these areas if you have any COVID-19 symptoms
- If the playground is busy, consider coming back at a later time. Talk to your children about this possibility before visiting
- Wash your and your children's hands before and after visiting
- Take hand sanitiser with you and consider taking a bottle of water for if your children's hands get covered in mud. Ensure your children are using hand sanitiser frequently
- Practice social distancing whilst using the play area
- It is recommended that only 1 adult accompanies a child/household group
- One user per piece of equipment at a time unless from the same household group
- Eating and drinking within the play area are prohibited
- Practice good hand and personal hygiene
- We advise that supervising adults clean equipment before and after use
Please practice social responsibility and allowing your children to use the play area is done at your own risk.
For more general guidance on outdoor activities and social distancing rules visit GOV.UK - new guidance on spending time outside.