Gambling Act 2005: Preston's Statement of Gambling Policy
Statement of Principles 2019 - 2022
You can download thehere or view the table below on the sections of the Statement of Principles below.
|Part B - Premises Licences|
|Part C - Permits, temporary and occasional use notices and small society lottery registrations||Appendix documents|
If you wish to obtain a paper copy of the Gambling Policy you can request this at the Town Hall, Lancaster Road, Preston, PR1 2RL.
About the Statement of Principles
The current Statement of Principles was approved at a meeting of the Full Council on 13 December 2018 and became effective on 29 January 2019.
This was following a period of four weeks after it's advertisement via our website and a local newspaper.
We are the licensing authority for the City of Preston. We are aware that we have a duty to aim to permit the use of premises for gambling in so far as it thinks fit:
- In accordance with any relevant code of practice issued by the Commission
- In accordance with any relevant guidance issued by the Commission
- Reasonably consistent with the licensing objectives; and
- In accordance with this Statement of Principles ("Policy").
Should you have any comments regarding this Policy please send us an email or letter to the following contact:
- Licensing Services, Environmental Health Department, Preston City Council, Town Hall, Lancaster Road, Preston, PR1 2RL.
- Email: email@example.com
Lancashire County Council publish Preston's Local Authority Profile.
We must publish this Policy at least every three years. It must also be reviewed from "time to time" and any amended parts re-consulted upon and then re-published.