Street Cleaning Freedom of Information data
The most common freedom of information (FOI) questions we get asked on street cleaning can be found below.
Who operates your street cleaning provision?
The service is provided in-house by Preston City Council.
Waste Data Flow
Waste Data Flow is a website which collects waste data for UK local authorities to government.
On the website you will be able to access information which will hopefully answer your FOI requests on the following:
- How many incidents of fly-tipping have been attended to in the last calendar and financial year?
- How many incidents of fly-tipping have been attended to per quarter in the last calendar and financial year?
- What has been the cost to the Council of attending to reported incidents of fly-tipping?
- Where can I view a full breakdown including costs of clearing the incidents, nature of the fly-tipped waste, where incidents occurred, and size of incidents?
- What is the breakdown of the nature of the fly-tipped incidents?
- What is the breakdown of where the fly-tipped incidents occurred?
You will be required to sign up to the website but once registered you will be able to access the information free of charge.
Fly tipping instances reported
Below are the number of fly tipping instances which were reported to us between 2017 to March 2020.
Calendar year - January to December
- 2020 - 3,257
- 2019 - 2,901
- 2018 - 2,771
- 2017 - 3,249
Financial year - April to March
- 2020/21 - 3,469
- 2019/20 - 2,748
- 2018/19 - 2,821
- 2017/18 - 2,904
Quarterly in last calendar year (2020)
- January - March - 577
- April - June - 788
- July - September - 468
- October - December - 1,424
Quarterly in last financial year (2020/21)
- Quarter 1 - April 2020 - June 2020 - 788
- Quarter 2 - July 2020 - September 2020 - 468
- Quarter 3 - October 2020 - December 2020 - 1,424
- Quarter 4 - January 2021 - March 2021 - 789