Toggle menu

Exciting plans for The Harris

The Harris will temporarily close from 5pm on Saturday 2 October.

Test and trace support payment (£500 self-isolation payment)

Person in house self isolating with isolation payment

The test and trace support payment has been introduced to support residents who are struggling to self-isolate due to financial constraints.

The aim of the scheme is to ensure residents on low incomes self-isolate when they test positive or are identified as a contact.

Self Isolation Payment update - 16 August 2021

As of 16 August 2021, fully vaccinated adults are no longer required to self-isolate if identified as a contact by NHS Test and Trace.

This means you are no longer eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme.

If you are a fully vaccinated adult who has test positive are still required to self-isolate.

You are still eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme.

Who is eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment?

To be eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment, an individual must:

  • Have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace either because they've tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
  • Be employed or self-employed
  • Be unable to work from home - and will lose income as a result of self-isolating
  • Be currently receiving one or more of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit, Pension Credit
  • University students, or those in further or higher education, cannot apply for the grant unless receiving one of the above benefits

If you are unable to work due to the national lockdown restrictions you will not be eligible for the self isolation scheme, even if you have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.

Information on which businesses must close is available on the GOV.UK website - Businesses and venues which must close.

I don't claim any of the qualifying benefits, am I eligible?

Additional Government funding has now become available for the discretionary part of the scheme and this part of the form has now been re-opened.

Please note we have only received limited amount of funding for the discretionary scheme and will close this again when we have run out of funding.

Am I eligible for a payment if my children have been sent home from school?

No, unfortunately eligibility is based on instruction from the NHS Track and Trace system to self-isolate and to be eligibly you have to have been personally instructed to stay at home.

Parents and guardians - not told to self isolate by Test and Trace

As of 16 August 2021, people under 18 are no longer required to self-isolate if identified as a contact by NHS Test and Trace.

This means that their parent/guardian will no longer need to care for them while they self-isolate, as they can continue to leave home to attend school, college etc.

Where the child is positive then the parent/guardian can apply for the Parent and Child Test and Trace Payment

Some people aged 18 - 25 with EHC Plan (EHC) will still be required to self-isolate if they are not fully vaccinated. Their parents/guardians may retain eligibility for TTSP if they still need to take time off work to care for them while they self-isolate.

Parents and guardians who meet all the criteria

If you meet all of the criteria above but are not self-isolating yourself, but you are not able to work because you are the parent or guardian of a child aged 15 or under (or aged 25 or under with Health, Education and Care Plan (EHC)) who has been required to self-isolate on or after 8 March 2021, and you have had to take time off to look after them, you can apply for the Parents and guardians - not told to self isolate by Test and Trace scheme.

Only one parent or guardian can apply and this should be the parent or guardian in the household where the child normally resides. Your child must ordinarily attend an education or additional support education child care setting. 

You can apply more than once for different children and different periods of self-isolation, as long as they do not overlap. For example, if you have two children and the first is told to self-isolate on 10 March and the second on 12 March you can only claim one payment as the periods overlap. However, if one child was told to self-isolate on 12 March and the second child not until 26 March, you could make a further application for the second child. 

Your child must have been either told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace and have a CTAS number, or been told to self-isolate by their educational establishment. If the latter, we will require proof from the educational establishment that they have been told to self-isolate and contact details for the educational establishment. 

When you apply we will need the name, date of birth and main address of your child and the 1st date of self-isolation. We will also need the education or care setting your child attends, including year group, and the contact details for that setting (email address and telephone number) and if your child has a Health, Education and Care Plan, we'll also need proof of this. 

To apply for this scheme, please complete our Parents and guardians - not told to self isolate by Test and Trace form below.

Apply for the Parents and guardians - not told to self isolate by Test and Trace form

How much will I receive?

Individuals who are required to self-isolate and who meet the benefits-linked eligibility criteria will be entitled to £500. This payment will be payable as a lump sum.

Will these payments be taxed?

These payments will be subject to income tax, but are not subject to National Insurance contributions.

When can I claim the Test and Trace Support Payment?

If you are eligible you can make a claim up to 42 days from your first day of isolation. This can be for you or your child(ren).

How do I make a claim?

To apply for the support payment scheme, please complete our online form below.

Apply for the Test and Trace Support Payment

Customer note - if you do not hear back from us please do not just re-apply.

You will need to provide

  • Notification from NHS Test and Trace asking for you to self-isolate and the accompanying unique ID number
  • A recent bank statement
  • Proof of employment
    • Note: If you are self-employed we will ask you for evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that their business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact

What if I am overdrawn with my bank account?

Please be aware that any payment made into a bank account that is overdrawn may be used to clear that overdraft unless you have an arrangement with the bank.

In order to ensure that the funds are used by yourself to assist you during your period of reduced income, you can write to your bank and exercise your first right of appropriation.

Test and Trace Support Payment Privacy Notice

If you apply, we will need to process your personal data to assess whether you are eligible to receive financial support, and if so, to provide a payment to you. 

Please view our Privacy Notice, which sets out what personal data we will use, how we will use it, and why we need to, when an applicant applies for this support.

View the Test and Trace Support Payment Privacy Notice

To validate your bank account details, we need to share relevant information you've given us with TransUnion. This will be used to ensure your support payment is paid to the correct bank account and to help prevent fraudulent use of support payments.

This is not a credit check and won't impact your credit rating.

For more information please visit - how TransUnion may use your data.

Policy Documents

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email