Toggle menu

Council Tax change in circumstances

2 circle arrows for a change icon

You must tell us right away about any changes in your circumstances.

If you don't, you may pay the wrong amount of Council Tax.

To inform us of a change in your circumstances, please complete the following form:

Report a change of circumstance

Examples of changes that may affect your Council Tax

Use the forms on this page to tell us about a change in your circumstances that may affect the Council Tax you have to pay:

  • Change of circumstances: to report any changes in your circumstances that may affect your council tax. For example a name change, changes in your income or employment or changing your payment date
  • Report a death: to report a death of a family member or friend
  • Report a birth: you should only complete this form if you currently receive housing or council tax benefit

Other changes which may affect you

  • if you move home
  • if you change your name due to marriage or divorce or the name on your account is incorrect 
  • if you get single person discount and another adult moves in
  • if you are a single parent in receipt of single person discount and one of your children reaches 18 years old
  • if you get a discount for someone living with you and the person moves out, or the reason for the discount no longer exists, such as a student completing their course
  • if you are getting disability relief and the disabled person no longer lives with you
  • if your property is exempt and the reason for the exemption no longer exists
  • if your property is empty and the property becomes occupied
  • if you are getting Council Tax Support and your income or capital increases or decreases

This is not a full list. If you think a change may affect your Council Tax tell us anyway through our online change of circumstances form.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email