Your cookie settings can be changed at any time through your browser settings. To find out more see our cookies page.
This section covers charity and voluntary organisation's.
If you have any employees working for your charity or voluntary organisation then all workers whether voluntary or paid are protected by health and safety legislation.
Running your organisation can be daunting, and you may be unsure how to manage health and safety in your workplace.
The following ten point guide takes you through your legal responsibilities, step by step:
1. Write your health and safety policy
2. Carry out a risk assessment
3. Display the health and safety law poster
4. Take out Employers' Liability Insurance
5. Meet workplace standards
6. Understand accident reporting and purchase an accident book
7. Consult your workers
8. Train your workers
9. Comply with Smoke free legislation
10. Carry out a fire risk assessment
The information available to download is specific to a charity voluntary organisation and will help you to write and implement your health and safety arrangements and risk assessments.
If you require help with something in this section, please contact us.