Your cookie settings can be changed at any time through your browser settings. To find out more see our cookies page.
The Access to Employment (AtoE) project supports employers to recruit and retain staff and supports unemployed people in Lancashire into sustained employment. AtoE will support businesses to recruit and retain staff, save on recruitment costs and is fully funded. Find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Access to Employment.
Support is also available to employers to help them employ young people through the Moving On project. For more information visit Moving On.
ACAS - the Advisory Conciliation and Arbitration Service offers free guidance on HR issues and employee relations. Employers can access free confidential advice on the ACAS helpline on 0300 123 1100.
Apprenticeships, like businesses, come in all shapes and sizes and are suitable for anyone over 16 and all types of business. They can help you to grow your own talent, reduce staff turnover and give your business the skills it needs to succeed. 70% of employers surveyed by GOV.UK - Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, said apprenticeships improved product quality and service.
See what other employers think on this YouTube - apprenticeships employers' video.
You can get help from the government to pay for apprenticeship training. The amount you get depends on whether you pay the apprenticeship levy or not. You pay the levy if you’re an employer with a pay bill over £3 million each year.
If you don’t need to pay the levy, you pay 10% towards the cost of training and assessing your apprentice The government will pay the rest (90%) up to the funding band maximum. You agree training and payment with a provider and the government will pay funds directly to the training organisation. For bands visit GOV.UK - Apprenticeship funding bands.
You could be eligible for extra funding depending on both you and your apprentice’s circumstances. For details see GOV.UK - Apprenticeship funding and performance management rules 2017 to 2018.
If you pay the levy, you will receive funds to spend on training and assessing your apprentices. The government will add 10%.
For more information see GOV.UK - changes to apprenticeship funding system.
If you require help with something in this section, please contact us.