Walk-in weekend to #GetYourJab
19 January 2022
While Covid has been here for almost two years now, the different variants remind us that we all need to keep doing what we can to stay safe and avoid spreading Covid to each other.
A vital step in our fight against the virus is the continuation of rolling-out the NHS Covid-19 vaccination programme. To help with this, a mobile vaccination clinic will be in Preston on Friday 21 and Saturday 22 January.
Sited at the new University Square on Fylde Road between 10am and 4pm each day, it's a central and convenient location if you're in the city centre to walk-in with no appointment required.
Other ways to control the spread of the virus is for everyone to continue to follow the simple steps of washing your hands, using a face covering and making space from each other.
The vaccine is our best chance to turn the tide against this awful virus and save lives. A lot of work is going on to tackle false information about the vaccine and remind people throughout our communities that it is safe and thoroughly tested.
Adrian Phillips, Chief Executive of Preston City Council, said,
"Thanks to everyone's hard work and mutual support in regular testing and getting their Covid-19 vaccines when invited. Preston has a very strong and attractive restaurant and hospitality sector with a busy high street and as we all visit bars, cafes, hairdressers and many other businesses it's important that everyone takes up the offer of a vaccine when it's their turn.
"I would encourage everyone who hasn't already received a vaccine, or who is ready for their second or booster jabs, to visit this mobile clinic in Preston in order to keep ourselves, our families and our communities safe.
"We welcome the central location of this site which adds to the options people have to access the vaccine and are grateful for the support the NHS, UCLan and others to help get this established and ready to increase vaccinations in the city."
- The mobile vaccination clinic is available in Preston 10am-4pm on the following dates:
- Friday 21 January
- Saturday 22 January
- The clinic will be located at the new University Square, Fylde Road, Preston PR1 7AG
- The service will offer 1st, 2nd and booster vaccinations and is available to anyone age 12 years old and over
- No appointment is required
- Other venues are available on more regular dates to #GetYourJab
- Preston City Council actively applies and prioritises the principles of Community Wealth Building wherever applicable and appropriate. Community Wealth Building is an approach which aims to ensure the economic system builds wealth and prosperity for everyone.