Dogs Exclusion (Preston City Council) Order 2012
The Dogs Exclusion Order 2012 makes it an offence if at any time, you take a dog onto or permit a dog to enter or to remain on any land which this order applies, unless it is for the exceptions listed below.
For more information see dogs on a lead and banned areas.
The Preston City Council (in this Order called "the Council") hereby makes the following Order:
1. This Order comes into force on 1 March 2012,
2. The Order applies to the land specified in the Schedule below.
3. In this Order "play area" means those play areas which are fenced or where they are XXX fenced the area of the safer surfacing.
4. (1) A person in charge of a dog shall be guilty of an offence if, at any time, he takes the dog onto, or permits the dog to enter or to remain on, any land to which this order applies unless:
(a) he has a reasonable excuse for failing to do so; or
(b) the owner, occupier or other person or authority having control of the land has consented (generally or specifically) to his doing so
(2) Nothing in this article applies to a person who:
(a) is registered as a blind person in a register compiled under section 29 of the National Assistance Act 1948; or
(b) is deaf, in respect of a dog trained by Hearing Dogs for Deaf People (registered charity number 293358) and upon which he relies for assistance; or
(c) has a disability which affects his mobility, manual dexterity, physical co-ordination, ability to lift, carry or otherwise move everyday objects, in respect of a dog trainer by a prescribed charity and upon which he relies for assistance.
(3) For the purpose of this article:
(a) a person who habitually has a dog in his possession shall be taken to be in charge of the dog at any time unless at that time some other person is in charge of the dog
(b) each of the following is a 'prescribed charity':
i) Dogs for the Disabled (registered charity number 700454)
ii) Support Dogs (registered charity number 1088281)
iii) Canine Partners for Independence (registered charity number 803680)
5. A person who is guilty of an offence under Article 4 shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
Schedule (description of land to which the order applies)
This Order applies to all land within the administrative area of the Council and which is a Council owned:
i) play area.
ii) multi use games area - and ball court.
iii) bowling green (except that the Order shall not apply to the perimeter footpath around the said bowling green).
iv) skate park, BMX track or youth shelter.
v) sports pitch at such times when organised sporting activity is taking place.
vi) fountain, water feature, pond or ornamental lake.
vii) cemetery or crematorium grounds (except that the order shall not apply to highways or footways within the said cemetery or crematorium grounds).