Funeral services at our cemetery and crematoria and COVID-19
Many of our customers are concerned about the impact coronavirus (Covid-19) may have on their funeral service at Preston Cemetery and Preston Crematorium.
Following government and Public Health England guidance we're introducing measures to delay the spread of the virus, protecting our staff and citizens using the services.
What we're doing
- Restricting those entering the chapel to our maximum seated capacity of 80 people
- Stopping the viewings of the Book of Remembrance at the weekends only. A scanned copy of the books can be viewed online via the digital book of remembrance
- Temporarily removing all our hymn books; most orders of service have the hymns printed in them
- Advising mourners and attendees not to touch, kiss or come into contact with the coffin
- Instructing our staff to clean areas of the chapel and the coffin after the service has finished
In addition to the above, the cemetery office is only open to the public via appointments only.
We'll continue to review government and Public Health England guidelines on large gatherings and share updates as soon as possible.
What you can do
To help with social distancing you should try to use email and phone calls rather than a face to face meeting.
You should not attend a funeral or visit any of our sites if you:
- Have tested positively for coronavirus
- Are self-isolating
How to contact us
You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone - 01772 794585.