SignLive - support for the deaf
We are now part of the Community Directory where residents from the deaf community can contact us 'live' via a British Sign Language interpreter free of charge.
By using an app on a smartphone or tablet, you can register for an account then find us easily in the community directory.
We are also talking to Deafway - the local organisation supporting deaf residents in Preston - to help get the message out to those who could benefit from using the app.
How to get started
- Step one - download the SignLive app to your digital device (e.g. smartphone, tablet):
- Step two - locate and press the 'sign up' button
- Step three - complete all the required fields and press register
- Step four - a confirmation email will be sent to your email address to confirm your account
- Step five - once your account has been confirmed you will then be able to login using your username and password
- Step six - search and look for Preston City Council in the Community Directory and click the telephone number - 01772 906900
- Step eight - press the green button at the bottom of the keypad to connect you to a British Sign Language Interpreter
A visual demonstration is available through the SignLive Vimeo channel.
SignLive provide the first VRS service that allows a two way calling system. You will be provided with a unique extension number allowing Preston City Council to contact you directly through a British Sign Language interpreter.