Your cookie settings can be changed at any time through your browser settings. To find out more see our cookies page.
Running a business in the leisure industry can be daunting, and you may be unsure how to start managing health and safety in your workplace.
The following ten point guide takes you through your legal responsibilities, step by step.
1. Write your health and safety policy
2. Carry out a risk assessment
3. Display the health and safety law poster
4. Take out Employers' Liability Insurance
5. Meet workplace standards
6. Understand accident reporting and purchase an accident book
7. Consult your workers
8. Train your workers
9. Comply with Smoke free legislation
10. Carry out a fire risk assessment
You may also like to consider using the left hand navigation to look at for information specific to your kind of business.
You should also look at our pages for an Office and for Food preparation for additional hazards that might affect your business.
If you require help with something in this section, please contact us.